Job Description: Senior Business Development Manager (Abuja)
The role requires a Senior Accounts Manager with business development experience within the Public sector and Government Agencies.
- Business prospecting and development for Public Sector and Government PSG – with focus on the Ministries, Defenses and Agencies at the Federal Level (MDAs).
- Grow existing business relationships within assigned accounts and prospect 10 potential customers per quarter.
- Align with and improve on the regional sales coverage/expansion plans.
- Manage assigned vertical to meet sales revenue and GP targets in alignment with corporate goals.
- Build pipeline revenue target, ensure gross profit target is achieved on sales.
- Ensure revenue assurance on renewal businesses whilst qualifying new viable opportunities – facilitating negotiations & ensuring profitability.
- Drive post sales activities such as timely project completion, revenue collections and overall customer satisfaction in collaboration with other Business Units
- Grow regional market position within the focused vertical – research on Government budget, buying and payment cycle and strategizing with MDAs ahead of RFPs.
- Ensure customer loyalty for sustainability and referral businesses.
- Provide, weekly and quarterly performance reports and escalating operational challenges on the job.
- 100% compliance with technology tool use e.g. CRM reporting, approved presentation templates, financial and technical proposal templates etc.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs, workshops and productive business activities.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, service offerings, and activities that will lead to an increase in viable sales pipeline.
- Leverage on Marketing BU for support to drive customer engagements, brand awareness and expansion.
- Liaise with Signal Alliance Product Managers for Original Equipment Manufacturers’(OEM) lead activities within assigned verticals.
- Work closely with OEM Account Managers within assigned vertical and maintain high level relationship within accounts.
Successful Candidate Must have:
- First degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Sales/Business Development
- Sound research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills